Please consider, if only to further redistribute the entropic balance of the world, visiting:
- my current eBay auctions (about 50 books, as of this writing. Some dirty! Many old! A few funny!)
- my current Amazon Marketplace books (about 700 books, as of this writing)
We have just rented a new [second] 10´ × 20´ (× 10´) storage bin, so we can unstack our way out of the accumulation of
- Our personal belongings we need to liquidate (about 3000 nice books, as of this writing)
- My Mom’s personal belongings (about 500 books, many knickknacks and suchlike, and innumerable linens, plus my Dad’s estate including thousands of vacuum tubes, science geek Maker objects, and electronic gadgets (he worked at NASA))
- My dead friend Nancy’s collection of collections, covering everything from milk glass to tin toys to books on collectibles (83 2.5 ft3 boxes)
- My live friend Cosma’s 33 boxes of books he can’t afford to deal with moving any more so he left them here with us to sell (> 33 boxes, since he didn’t pack them very tightly)
- Assorted random stuff we’ve bought in box lots at estate sales thinking, “Hey, I bet somebody will want that; maybe I can sell it to pay for the one thing I want from this box to add to my personal belongings! (Cf. “Personal belongings” above; I’d say about 1 ton)
Many, many many many many many many many more items coming. Really. We’ve started a real business on this subject. We’re considering renting office/warehouse space.
So, yes, technically this is a self-serving sell-out of an advertisement.
But here’s the trick. You want these. I know this, because we want them, or somebody whose opinion we value did at some point. But we can’t have them all, we never intended to have them all, we never expected to have them all. We need to share more.
Share with us.